Saturday 9 November 2013

Fabric Inspirations


Despite the incredibly uninviting weather today I decided I finally had to stock up the fabric resources in my new home – I already felt my creativity vanishing because of the lack of material!

So after reading through various recommendations, I went fabric-shopping for the first time in London: straight to Goldhawk Road in the hopes of finding some great bargains (which worked out quite in my favour, I may add).

 
As I didn’t have any specific project in mind (yet), this was the perfect place for me. If you already have envisioned a complete project in your head, or even have some fabric and just need something to match them, then I’d probably suggest going somewhere else, although there’s always the chance you could get lucky here!
I could have bought the entire shops today, but luckily I had set myself some rules:

Christmas-present-convertible it had to be, primarily for children of the ages 3-7.

Okay, I know, that's only one rule, but... still. I had some principles.

So I heavy-heartedly said goodbye to all the beautiful abstract prints and ‘boring’ plain colours (not before promising them a return visit of course, duh) and turned my full attention to all the cute colourful patterns and colours I know will come upon approval by my little girls – and boy(s).
Which was not, I may accentuate, an easy feat to accomplish, just look at all these amazing fabrics!


Don't you worry, I'll come back for you!
Aren't those big african prints amazing? But the one I had to pull myself together over was this gorgeous Tweed (is that the correct name? I'd be happy if anyone corrected me :) )
 

WOW! I just... I just.... I can't! I would even have made an exception for this one, but unfortunately it was 16£/ m and since I didn't have aparticular pattern in mind I deemed that a bit much. Sigh. I'll get over it. Some day...
Although my shopping spree started out quite random and directionless, in the end I managed to get at least one matching fabric for every spontaneous capricious purchase I had made.

 

And now I have all these ideas swirling in my head that just can’t wait to be put in action!



I like this combination the best, those little strawberries are just so sweet...

I hope that this was some kind of an Iispiration to you guys and I would love to hear what you have planned for Christmas! Are you a self-proclaimed Do-It-Yourselfer as well or do you buy your presents? Where do you get your ideas?
 
Have a nice wintery weekend, hopefully safely tucked away at home with a big mug of tea!
<3
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment